The latest Assetto Corsa Competizione update brings in the prancing horse
The Ferrari 488 GT3 is introduced into the ACC Early Access program, along with the Hungaroring circuit.
The fourth Early Access update of Assetto Corsa Competizione, which is going to be released today, includes the highly awaited Ferrari 488 GT3, one of the protagonists of the whole Blancpain GT Series championship. The famous Ferrari racing car joins the other GT3 models of BMW M6, Bentley Continental and Lamborghini Huracàn. The Hungaroring circuit is also introduced in the update, for the first time in its history brought to the general public using the Laserscan® technology - usually offered by professional driving simulators.
The new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is not limited to new content, but offers specific gameplay additions to enhance the level of realism, such as the custom, Sprint and Endurance races, now available also for the multiplayer, allowing players to challenge each other in a full racing weekend, with free practice and qualifications.
- The custom racing weekend includes a standard racing scenario for those willing to compete using classic settings: free practice, qualification, race.
- The Endurance and Sprint modes realistically recreate the Blancpain GT Series ruling, defining the qualification and racing slots for each driver involved in the race.
Build 0.4 of Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces a first version of the Broadcasting Mode SDK - to the delight of the modding fans which made the original Assetto Corsa even more popular. A new application in the installation folder of the game will allow Steam users to share in streaming and comment the multiplayer races of Assetto Corsa Competizione. Thanks to this new Open Source app, users gain access to a real control room (with camera-swap commands, interactive cams and additional options for editors and commentators) - which will progressively expand thanks to the most talented modders.
- New Ferrari 488 GT3
- New Hungaroring circuit
- Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
- Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
- Fixed look around in chase camera
- Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
- Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
- Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
- Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
- Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
- Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
- Adjustments in cars inertia
- Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
- Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
- Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
- Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
- Fixed wrong car systems during replay
- Added lap tag in the replay HUD
- Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
- Instant replay support for Broadcast app
- Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
- Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
- Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
- Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
- Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
- Added new skins for featured cars
- Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
- New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
- New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
- CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
- CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
- TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
- Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
- Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
- Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
- Added HUD page for broadcasting
- Added HUD page with the current timetables
- Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
- Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
- Improved camera fading when switching cameras